General educational objectives
- Provide all students with sensitive and thoughtful encounters with works from different artistic fields, different eras and civilizations.
- Help students build a personal culture of universal value based on works of reference.
- Allow students to progressively reach the rank of "enlightened amateurs", handling in a relevant way a first sensitive and technical vocabulary, mastering essential landmarks in time and space and appreciating the pleasure that comes from meeting art .
- Provide information on trades related to the fields of arts and culture.
Specific objectives :
- To arouse the curiosity of the pupil, to develop his desire to learn, to stimulate his creativity, in particular in connection with an artistic practice.
- Develop in him the ability to see and look, to hear and listen, to observe and to understand.
- Enrich your memory with a few diverse and precise examples of works constituting so many historical landmarks.
- Highlight the importance of the arts in the history of France and Europe.
The program is divided into 10 sessions to discuss with children:
- a large artistic field: the arts of space
- several historical periods: from prehistory to the 20th century
- a reference list or thematic list proposed by the Ministry of National Education
Information will be given on the professions of historian, art historian and archaeologist (scientific approach), without forgetting a session to set up benchmarks with “a chronology strip” and “a cartography ”. It will address the art of building from prehistoric times to the 20th century. Any outings will illustrate the content of the interventions.
With these workshops, children will realize that they are evolving in a contemporary world strongly marked by the past. This theme therefore aims to create a relationship between present and past in order to generate a dialogue about the future.
After each workshop, the students receive an educational document. It includes all the content covered and can serve as a working support to go back to the content discussed during the workshops. Parents will be able to learn about the work done.